Muhammad: A Lecher
I accuse Muhammad of lewdness, impropriety, indecency, lustfulness andpromiscuity and as such consider him unfit for the station and rank that he claimed for himself. Far from being “the best of the creation”, Muhammad was lewd- a pervert.
Mariyah The Coptic Sex Slave of the Prophet
Take the example of Mariyah, a beautiful Coptic slave girl given to Muhammad by the ruler of Alexandria , with whom Muhammad had sex without marrying her.
The commentator and historian al-Tabari wrote:
”God granted Rayhanah bt. Zayd of the Banu Quraiza to his Messenger [as booty]. Mariyah the Copt was presented to the Messenger of God, given to him by al-Muqawqis, the ruler of Alexandria , and she gave birth to the Messenger of God’s son Ibrahim. These were the Messenger’s wives; six of them were from the Quraish.
Although Tabari counts Mariyah among Muhammad’s wives, he wasn’t denying she was his slave girl, his concubine, but was using “wife” in the sense of one whom Muhammad slept with and who mothered his child.
Under the subtitle “An Account of the Messenger of God’s Slave Concubines,” Tabari wrote: “They were Mariyah bt. Sham‘un, the Copt, and Rayhanah bt. Zayd al-Quraziyyah who, it is said, was of the Banu al-Nadir. An account of them has been given above. (Ibid., p. 141)
He stated, “The Messenger of God also had a eunuch called Mabur, who was presented to him by al-Muqawqis with two slave girls, one of them was called mariyah, whom he took as a concubine, and the other [was called] Sirin, whom he gave to Hassan b. Thabit after Safwan b. al-Mu‘attal had committed an offense against him.
Mariyah, the Prophet’s CONCUBINE and the mother of his son, Ibrahim.
“According to Ibn ‘Umar [al-Waqidi] – Ya‘qub b. Muhammad b. Abi Sa‘sa‘ah – ‘Abdallah b. ‘Abd al-Rahman b. Abi Sa‘sa‘ah: In the year 7/May 11, 628-April 30, 629, al-Muqawqas, lord of Alexandria, sent to the Prophet Mariyah, her sister Sirin, a thousand gold coins, twenty fine robes, his mule Duldul, and his donkey ‘Ufayr, or Ya‘fur. … The Prophet admired Umm Ibrahim [“Mother of Ibrahim,” Mariyah’s title], who was fair-skinned and beautiful. He lodged her in al-‘Aliyah, at the property nowadays called of Umm Ibrahim. He used to visit her there and ordered her to veil herself, [but] he had intercourse with her BY VIRTUE OF HER BEING HIS PROPERTY…
“That is, Mariyah was ordered to veil herself as did the Prophet’s wives, BUT HE DID NOT MARRY HER … (Ibid., p. 194)
Mariyah was working at the service of Hafsa, daughter of Umar who was one of Muhammad’s wives. One-day Muhammad went to Hafsa’s house and upon setting gaze at Mariyah, decides to have intercourse with her. He get rid of Hafsa, he concocted a lie. He told her that her father Umar had wanted to meet her. When Hafsa left, Muhammad took Mariyah to bed and had intercourse with her. Upon seeing her father and being assured that he had not sent for her, Hafsa, returned home to find the door locked from inside. She sat behind the closed door until her illustrious husband finished his business with her maid. When the door was opened and Muhammad came out, she notices sweet dripping from his face and realized what he had been up to. She becomes hysteric, complaining that he had tricked so he could enjoy her maid in her bed. Muhammad pleads with her to calm down and to placate her he promised not to sleep with Mariah again and bade her not to divulge that secret to others.
Hafsa unable to keep the secret relayed everything to her friend Aisha who also turned against Muhammad and these two young ladies, jointly with his other wives, caused him much anguish. Muhammad decided to punish all of his wives by not sleeping with them for one month. Depriving one’s wives sexually and beating them are other forms of punishment recommended in the Quran. Q.4:34.
The rebellion of his wives for having sex with a maid angered the Prophet of Allah who vowed not to sleep with any of them for one month. That of course would have been too much hardship for the beloved messenger of Allah. Therefore the maker of the Universe, in his mercy intervened and reveals the Sura Tahrim (Banning). In this Sura, Allah lovingly “rebukes” his prophet for being so hard on himself and for depriving himself from what he really likes and has been made lawful to him, just to placate his wives.
1. O Prophet! Why do you ban (for yourself) that which Allâh has made lawful to you, seeking to please your wives? And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
2. Allâh has already ordained for you (O men), the dissolution of your oaths.And Allâh is your Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.) and He is the All-Knower, the All-Wise.
3. And (remember) when the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his wives (Hafsah), so when she told it (to another i.e. ‘Aishah), and Allâh made it known to him, he informed part thereof and left a part. Then when he told her (Hafsah) thereof, she said: “Who told you this?” He said: “The All-Knower, the All-Aware (Allâh) has told me”.
4. If you two (wives of the Prophet, namely ‘Aishah and Hafsah) turn in repentance to Allâh, (it will be better for you), your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes), but if you help one another against him (Muhammad), then verily, Allâh is his Maula (Lord, or Master, or Protector, etc.), and Jibrael (Gabriel), and the righteous among the believers, and furthermore, the angels are his helpers.
5. It may be if he divorced you (all) that his Lord will give him instead of you, wives better than you, Muslims (who submit to Allâh), believers, obedient to Allâh, turning to Allâh in repentance, worshipping Allâh sincerely, fasting or emigrants (for Allâh’s sake), previously married and virgins. “Q. 66:1-5.
Although Muhammad had made an oath not to have sex with her maid, he could not resist the temptation. It was a difficult situation. A solution had to be found and no one but Allah could help. Nothing is impossible when you have the almighty God in your sleeve. The creator of heaven and earth intervened and gave his prophet the green light to follow his heart’s desire. In Sura Tahrim Allah licensed Muhammad to have his fling and not pay attention to his wives complaints. What can one ask more? Allah was so concerned about Muhammad’s carnal pleasures that he even allowed ALL MEN to break their oaths as a bounty.
It is also worthy of mention that Muhammad, upon learning Hafsa had reveal his secret, lied. He claimed Allah had made it known to him that Hafsa had spoken, when that was obvious that she was the only one who could have done it.
In reaction to the above verses, Ayisha, who was not only pretty but also witty, is reported to have said, “Your God indeed hastens to meet your needs!”
Explaining the Surah Tahrim (66) Omar said:
The Prophet did not go to his wives because of the secret which Hafsa had disclosed to ‘Aisha, and he said that he would not go to his wives for one month as he was angry with them when Allah admonished him (for his oath that he would not approach Mariyah). Bukhari